OS Street View is a very clear mapping product showing an impressive amount of detail.
Going beyond simple street mapping, it includes:
- Streets and street names
- Building outlines
- Railways and crossings, such as gantries and bridges
- Key buildings such as police stations and railway stations
- Significant buildings in less populated areas, such as farms
- Woodland and water features
OS Street View does not need to be re-licensed each year.
Please note: Field boundaries are not shown and the mapping is not suitable for planning applications.
- Background mapping
- Report insertion
- Street name identification
- Use in GIS programmes
- Georeferenced TIFF (raster)
- 1:10,000 scale
- Clear, simple mapping
- Ideal for using as a backdrop to other data
- Ordnance Survey alternative to A-Z mapping
Is the data in Vector or Raster format? The data is supplied in Raster format.
Are field boundaries shown? Field boundaries are not shown on this mapping.
Is this suitable for planning applications? This mapping is not suitable for planning applications.
When you need a detailed backdrop map tailored to your project or web application, choose OS VectorMap Local
OS VectorMap District is a mid-scale digital raster and vector mapping product that gives a district level view
1:250,000 Scale Colour Raster is a small-scale digital map providing a regional view of the landscape