Bluesky’s National Tree Map™ (NTM™) is the most detailed dataset of its kind ever produced. With coverage across the whole of England, Wales, Scotland and the Republic of Ireland. NTM™ provides a unique, comprehensive database of location, height and canopy/crown extents for every single tree 3m and above in height.
There are many reasons to need access to the tree data for your site. Tree data is essential for those involved in tree and vegetation management have access to the most accurate and comprehensive data available. Furthermore, as well as for ensuring conservation and giving a holistic view of the site, trees can pose risks and problems and their size, location and density almost always bears consideration.
Created from high resolution national aerial photography, accurate terrain and surface data, and colour infrared imagery, using innovative processing techniques, NTM™ is already being used across a variety of sectors including insurance, utilities, forestry, government, planning, and environmental management.
The Tree Data supplied by Centremaps from Bluesky is updated regularly as new aerial photography becomes available through our cyclic update program, ensuring that it remains the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date tree map ever.
- Unique product – the only tree map in the UK
- Easy-to-use vector data
- Compatible with Ordnance Survey products
- Flexible licensing
- Continually updated
- Trees over 3m in height
- Measurements of location, height and canopy spread
- Idealised crowns
- Detailed crowns
- Height points
- Created from stereo aerial photography
- OSGB Projection
- Vector format – ESRI .shp as standard
- Tree management (including TPOs)
- Canopy coverage analysis
- Insurance risk assessment
- Utility asset management
- Impact on utilities & overhead lines
- Visualisation and Modelling
- Flood and pollution modelling